The theme of this collection is ‘red for life’ and the centre piece is the lipstick. ‘Gabrielle Chanel was never without her own red lipstick; it was seen as very much part of her personal signature.’ (Source: press document)
To honour Gabrielle Chanel’s love of red lips, Lucia Pica created four reds with a unique undertone for each woman and numbered them 1, 2, 3 and 4.
‘Meanwhile, makeup for eyes, cheeks and nails act as something of a “supporting cast” in the collection and also utilise red tones in many cases.’ (Source: press document)
Numéros Rouges Collection Libre 2017 consists of:
- N° 380 So Close Joues Contraste, limited edition (€41,00);
- Trait De Caractère Eyeshadow Palette, limited edition (€58,00);
- #822 Silver Screen Ombre Première, limited edition (€34,00);
- #857 Legendary Green Stylo Yeux Waterproof, limited edition (€25,00);
- #37 Character Le Volume De Chanel, online exclusive (€34,00);
- N°1 Rouge Rouge Rouge Allure, limited edition (€36,00);
- N°2 Rouge Framboise Rouge Allure, limited edition (€36,00);
- N°3 Rouge Brun Rouge Allure Velvet, limited edition (€36,00);
- N°4 Rouge Orange Rouge Allure Velvet, limited edition (€36,00);
- #782 True Rouge Coco Gloss, limited edition (€30,00);
- #784 Romance Rouge Coco Gloss, limited edition (€30,00);
- #580 Celebrity Le Vernis, limited edition (€25,00);
- #582 Fiction Le Vernis, limited edition (€25,00);
- #604 Scenario Le Vernis Neon Nail Colour, limited edition (€25,00).
CHANEL #582 Fiction Le Vernis, limited edition (€25,00) | Deep pine green with a warm undertone in a crème-jelly hybrid.
Good flow, although the formula does lean on the thick side. Coverage is quite good but needs 2 coats for full-on opacity.
Comes to a natural glossy finish, however I always use Le Gel Coat. Non-staining upon removal with base coat (I use La Base).
Staying Power: between 5-7 days.
This beautiful viridian green is my favourite from this collection; it’s so versatile because it looks green with 1 coat and almost black with two.
For those of you ladies who love nail art, here I’ve created a glamour manicure by applying #532 Canotier and some sparkle on-top of #582 Fiction.
I think it’s quite stylish for the New Year’s Eve party.
CHANEL N°1 Rouge Allure, limited edition (€36,00) | A true red with a blue-based undertone.
Staying power is fine, although as the formula is quite emollient the colour does fade away into a deep rose stain; for extended longevity I always apply liner all over the lips prior to application.
CHANEL #822 Silver Screen Ombre Première, limited edition (€34,00) | A pewter/gold/silver hybrid with olive nuances with a buttery smooth texture.
Lays down without any patchiness and works equally well applied all over the lid as a wash of colour, or layered under powder eyeshadow for more depth of tone.
Staying power is excellent, without displaying any creasing or flaking.
I recommend applying this shade with the finger and then blend it quickly with a good blending brush before it sets.
CHANEL #784 Romance Rouge Coco Gloss, limited edition (€30,00) | A medium red with neutral-to-cool undertones and a jelly-like finish.
It works well on its own however I like to apply it on top of N°1 Rouge Allure just in the centre of the lips in order to make the lips appear fuller.
I’ve also created two looks which, in my opinion, are perfect for the New Year’s Party.
For both looks I’ve only used CHANEL products.
I’m wearing #822 Silver Screen toped with #32 Bronze Antique Ombre Première on the lids and #932 Mat Taupe Stylo Yeux Waterproof in the waterline.
On the lips I’m wearing N°1 Rouge Allure toped with #784 Romance Rouge Coco Gloss (in the center of the lips).
The second look is created on-top of the first one and it’s for those of you ladies who like a more glamorous makeup.
On-top of #822 Silver Screen I’ve applied #812 Noir Pétrole Ombre Première; for the electric blue finish, I’ve applied #16 Blue Jean Ombre Première and #924 Fervent Blue Stylo Yeux Waterproof in the waterline.
For the ombre lips I’ve used #109 Rouge Noir and N°1 Rouge Allure.
The products I used for both looks are:
- Hydra Beauty Lotion (I love to prepare my skin with this product)
- Les Beiges Healthy Glow Foundation in N°32 Rosé
- Vitalumière Loose Powder Foundation N°30
- Les Beiges Healthy Glow Luminous Colour in Medium Deep
- Palette Essentielle N°160 Beige Médium (I’ve only used the highlighter from this palette)
- #822 Silver Screen
- #32 Bronze Antique Ombre Première
- #932 Mat Taupe Stylo Yeux Waterproof
- #812 Noir Pétrole Ombre Première
- #16 Blue Jean Ombre Première
- #924 Fervent Blue Stylo Yeux Waterproof
- #10 Le Volume De Chanel Mascara
- #360 Blond Le Gel Sourcils
- N°1 Rouge Allure
- #784 Romance Rouge Coco Gloss
- #109 Rouge Noir