Beauty by Kroonen and Brown is my favourite beauty shop, I’ve mentioned it before and I will mention it each time I have the opportunity because there is nothing similar to it here in Brussels.
The über luxurious interior, the cozy and super familiar atmosphere, the high-end beauty products are some of the things that you can find at Beauty by Kroonen and Brown.
A few weeks ago, I’ve been invited to a UND GRETEL Berlin workshop with no other but Christina Roth, internationally renowned makeup artist and founder of this brand.
UND GRETEL is a Berlin based makeup brand; all products are organic and natural, they don’t contain any toxic or controversial ingredients, they are never tested on animals (since Christina is also a very big animal lover) and the packagings are environmentally friendly.
All products are made in Berlin and the range consists of just a few products which are essentials and which have been curated by Christina.
Simplicity is the key word here since each and every product can serve several purposes.
The textures are so creamy and easy to work with, so pigmented that they are perfect for those of you ladies who are beginners in makeup.
You don’t even need brushes in order to apply most of the products.
They apply and blend beautifully by using just the fingers.
All products can be combined with each other; eyeshadows can be combined with lipsticks or glosses, eyeshadows can be used for contouring, the eye stick can be used as a lipstick etc.
UND GRETEL IMBE Eye Shadow in Seashell and Bark | The most beautiful textures!
Silky and pigmented, long lasting without creasing or oxidising.
They can be applied with a brush or only the fingers.
They are multi-purpose shades:
- I’m using Seashell as an eyeshadow but also as a highlighter.
- I’m using Bark for contouring, for filling the brows and for creating smokey looks.
UND GRETEL LUK Creme Eye Stick | This product is a must have!
The shade is just gorgeous, creamy, pigmented, easy to use and long lasting.
LUK (love the name by the way) can be used as an eyeshadow, eyeliner, bronzer, lipstick.
UND GRETEL KNUTZEN Lip Gloss in Matte Nude | A lovely nude shade which is very hydrating and which can be used as a lip gloss or as a base.
UND GRETEL TAGAROT Lipstick in Pink Blossom | Beautifully pigmented and long lasting (4h+).
The creamy texture keeps the lips hydrated throughout the day.
I like to use it as a lipstick, to combine it with the eyeshadow in Bark in order to obtain a bolder and deeper shade; I’m using the lipstick as blush, as well.
UND GRETEL WINT Mascara in Darkest Black | Very pigmented!
It offers volume and curl, its non-flaking/smearing throughout the wearing, and can be easily removed.
The wand separates the lashes perfectly while easily depositing colour from root to tip. Very long lasting (8h+).
UND GRETEL TINCTE Liquid Eyeliner | Very black!
Creamy texture which offers a matte finish. Very light, perfect for sensitive eyes. Long-lasting without smudging (6h+).
The applicator is a little tricky, suited for a more ‘professional hand’; if you’re a beginner, you will probably need a day or two to familiarise yourself with this applicator.
Instead of swatching the products, I’ve created 2 looks (day and evening/ going out look) in order for you to be able to see exactly how beautifully pigmented these products are.
LOOK 1 – Day Look :
- I’ve used IMBE Eye Shadow in Seashell on the lids and also as a highlighter on the cheekbones, brow bones, above the upper lip and in the middle of the chin.
- I’ve lightly contoured the upper and lower lid using LUK Eye Stick.
- I’ve used IMBE Eye Shadow for slightly contouring under the cheekbones area.
- I’ve used 2 layers of WINT Mascara.
- I’ve used KNUTZEN in Matte Nude on the lips.
LOOK 2 – Evening Look:
- I’ve created this look on top of the first; perfect for you ladies when you are going out directly from the office.
- On top of the eye makeup from LOOK 1 I’ve applied IMBE Eye Shadow in Bark in order to create a slight smokey.
- I’ve used TINCTE Liquid Eyeliner for a sexy cat eye.
- On top of the KNUTZEN in Matte Nude I’ve applied TAGAROT Lipstick in Pink Blossom.
UND GRETEL Berlin is the discovery of the year for me!
I truly recommend these products especially for those of you ladies who are dealing with sensitive skin or who are beginners in makeup.
A little goes a very long way and with just a few products you can create all the looks you want.