Winter Holidays are almost here and each year, I have the same issue…what gifts should I offer to loved ones who have everything and need nothing!
I’m sure you also have the same issue so, today I come with a proposition; I think the best gifts are the very personal ones, and what could be more personal than a DIY gift?
I’m talking about a DIY Lavender Body Scrub that could be the perfect gift for your mother/ sister/ cousin/ best friend.
Here’s a very simple recipe, which contains only natural and organic ingredients!
Be careful though, this mixture is not suitable for persons with allergies!
- An attractive glass jar;
- Lavender Flowers – about 1 Tablespoon;
- Brown Sugar – about 7 Tablespoons;
- Coconut Oil – about 4 Tablespoons;
- Jojoba Oil – about 4 Tablespoons;
- Bee Propolis – about 50 drops;
- Honey – about 1 teaspoon;
- Lavender Essential Oil – about 10 drops.
Mix all the ingredients and put them in the jar, add a nice ribbon or whatever ornament you like…Voila!
Because of the natural preservatives (Propolis, Honey, Lavender essential oil) and the Coconut and Jojoba Oils which don’t turn rancid, this scrub:
- lasts many months
- smells delicious
- is suitable for face and body.
I created this recipe in September 2013 for the first time and I still have just a little bit of this initial mixture which smells and works just the same…so, don’t worry, because this scrub really lasts a very long time.
I have a small suggestion, though:
- don’t expose the scrub to moisture;
- store the jar in a dark and cool place;
- use organic ingredients.
What do you think? Are you willing to try this recipe?