End of September last year, I was invited to a very interesting beauty event where I had the absolute pleasure to see only the best niche brands on the market.
I was excited to be able to meet with Charles-Edouard Barthes, aka EviDenS De Beauté, one of the best skincare brands, in my opinion.
I’ve also had the pleasure to discover THE BEST haircare brand, in my opinion: MIRIAM QUEVEDO
Most of my time at the event, however I had dedicated to niche perfumes and learned that they are so very different from the luxury perfumes that we can buy in the usual perfumery.
The niche perfume houses are small houses and the products are developed by the best specialists.
They usually develop minimalistic packaging because they rather focus on the potion inside.
The perfumes have absolutely nothing in common with the more commercial perfumes, being quite superior to big houses including Guerlain & Chanel.
They are very unique fragrances which definitely don’t suit any tastes. They are so complex, that they cannot be worn anytime, in my opinion. The have so much character, that one must gradually adapt to them.
The niche perfumes are usually unisex.
I cannot describe perfumes and I don’t even try to, they create different experiences for each and every single one of us; however, regarding to niche perfumes I can only say that you definitely have to try them on several times before buying and that they are not for everyone.
Here are the ones I had received in my goodie bag:
- Juliette Has a Gun – Sunny Side Up is a fragrance for women and my favourite (top notes: amyris, jasmin, vanilla absolute; middle notes: sandalwood, orris root, jasmine, coconut milk; base notes: ambrette, iso e super; Source: Fragrantica)
- Les Liquides Imaginaires – Fleuve Tendre is a unisex fragrance and a favourite for me and my husband (top notes: black pepper, cardamom, cumin, saffron, nutmeg, coriander, mandarin orange; middle notes: petalia, geranium, rose water, musk, animal notes; base notes: vetiver, patchouli, incense, civet, musk, tonka bean, suede; Source: Fragrantica)
- Brecourt – Subtile & Captive are both unisex fragrances that I absolutely love, however I cannot wear them, they are to powerful for me (Subtile – Top notes: bergamot, peony, rose; middle notes: blackberry, patchouli, rose; base notes: amber, musk, sandalwood. Captive– Top notes: orange blossom, jasmine; Middle notes: almond, heliotrope; base notes: incense, patchouli. Source: Fragrantica)
- La Manufacture – Cologne Noble is a unisex fragrance (it features mandarin orange, cardamom, coriander, nutmeg, oakmoss, iris, musk; Source: Fragrantica)
- Olfactive Studio – Woody Mood is a unisex fragrance (top notes: bergamot, ginger, clary sage, saffron; middle notes: sequoia, nard himalayan, black tea, incense; base notes: patchouli, leather, styrax, cacao; Source: Fragrantica)
- Amouage – Beach Hut Man has the most beautiful bottle (top notes: mint, orange blossom, galbanum; middle notes: vetiver, moss, ivy; base notes: myrrh, patchouli, woody notes; Source: Fragrantica)
- Parfum D’Empire – Le Cri de la lumière is a unisex fragrance (top notes: bergamot, raspberry, aldehydes; middle notes: iris, turkish rose; base notes: woody notes, ambrette, musk, patchouli; Source: Fragrantica)
- Starck – Peau de Soie is a fragrance for women (it features woody notes, animal notes, musk, powdery notes; Source: Fragrantica)
If you live in Brussels, you can find all the brands at Kroonen & Brown!