Last year, Essie released the first Retro Revival collection and it was so successful, that they decided this year to bring out another curated selection of the discontinued polishes.
The Essie Retro Revival 2017 collection is inspired by the glittering lights of Las Vegas (in fact the caps have the original Stardust Casino gold star sign), where the brand launched in 1981 and includes 6 best-sellers which are very pink-toned and feminine:
- pure chiffon (€12,49/ 13.5ml): a shimmery gold/nude
- sweet tart (€12,49/ 13.5ml): a grey base mixed with pink shimmer
- flawless (€12,49/ 13.5ml): a pastel blush pink
- chastity (€12,49/ 13.5ml): a bright bubblegum pink
- prima bella (€12,49/ 13.5ml): a frosty, shimmery mid pink which looks very retro, a typically 80’s pink
- bold beauty (€12,49/ 13.5ml): a vampy red.
I had the chance to try 3 hues from this collection.
Like with all Essie polishes, their quality is impeccable. They have a pigmented and smooth texture that applies evenly; they are completely opaque in 2 coats; they dry super fast to a glossy finish and the staying power is 5+ days with base and top coat.
I’m not a fan of pink, however I must say that flawless is one of my favourites and I can’t wait to wear it during summer when my skin is tanned; this is such a fun and sexy pink.
The other favourite is bold beauty. This deep bloody red is very chic and looks great on short and on long nails!