Terracotta is by far the best bronzer from everything I’ve tried so far. What makes it so superior to other similar products on the market, is the fact that it adapts to each and every skin type and offers the perfect finish of beautiful glowy-bronzed skin, just touched by the sun and by the windy days at the seaside.
Guerlain launches each summer new products which belong to the Terracotta range; some of them are limited edition, others will stay permanently in the range and there are also products which are relaunched only for the summer period.
Guerlain makes it super fun with the Terracotta launches because the products not only look so beautiful (as everything created by Guerlain) and so different, but also because of all the shades, textures and fragrances, which all remind us of tanning at the seaside.
Guelain Summer 2017 collection includes:
- Terracotta Sun Trio in Clair, Naturel and Foncé (€58/ 10g);
- Terracotta Ultra Shine and Ultra Matte – limited edition (€63/ 10g);
- Terracotta Sun Tonic – limited edition (€54.50/ 10g);
- Terracota Bronzing Powder in Clair Blondes 00, Clair Brunettes 01, Naturel Blondes 02, Naturel Brunettes 03, Moyen Blondes 04, Moyen Brunettes 05, Foncé Doré 07, Intense 09 (€54.50/ 10g);
- Terracotta Sunless (€53.50/ 150ml);
- Terracotta Jolie Jambes (€62/ 100ml);
- Terracotta Huile Sous Le Vent (€53.50/ 100ml);
- Terracotta Sun Protect (€45/ 100ml).
Guerlain Terracotta Ultra Matte (€63/ 10g) | This limited edition powder has the texture of the iconic Terracotta classic: fine-milled, mistake-proof and long-lasting but it has been upgraded by the addition of a ‘Revitalizing Vitamin T complex – T like Terracotta’ that consists of an intelligent combo: Vitamin C & Vitamin E, both having anti-oxidant powers.
The powder also has a heavenly fragrance that instantly transports me on a tropical isle.
The white-gold tin container is meant to evoke a ‘talisman’ and bears a full-sized mirror on the inner lid; the packaging may also be re-purposed (for example as a jewelry box) once the product is finished.
The product is super pigmented, and not 100% matte since there is a slight sheen behind.
It works perfectly for contouring the face and it can also be used as an eyeshadow.
Guerlain Terracotta Sun Trio in Clair, Naturel and Foncé (€58/ 10g) | This bronzer is really matte but looks soft and luminous on the skin, without any orange effect; it’s buttery to touch, blends perfectly and it’s buildable.
It consists of 3 segments which are big enough in order to be used separately, however I prefer to use them altogether.
The product offers a beautiful sun-kissed look, it’s long-lasting and it never oxidizes.
Terracotta Sun Trio is housed in the classic Terracotta casing with a full-sized mirror on the inner lid; the fragrance is almost identical to the Terracotta Ultra Matte.
Guerlain recommends 3 ways of using the Terracotta Sun Trio:
- warm up the face by applying the first segment on the rounded parts of the face and by drawing a three on each side of the face;
- sculpt the face by applying the second segment on the cheekbones, the outer sides of the forehead and the sides of the nose;
- highlight by applying the third segment on the temples, under the cheekbones and on the T-zone.
Guerlain Terracotta Sunless (€53.50/ 150ml) | This ultra-fine mist provides a ‘made-to-measure’ sunless tan:
- 1 application – a light tan
- 2 applications – a medium tan
- 3 applications – a deep tan
This refreshing spray is so fine that it can be used without rubing it in, however, for control, I like to use my hands when applying it.
If you are a beginner in using tanning sprays (as I am), I recommend this product because it really leaves your skin beautifully sun-kissed without any patches.
It also hydrates the epidermis and offers a radiant finish.
The skin looks sexy and lush after using this product; each time I’m using it, it puts me in the mood of going out and dance all night while wearing a short white dress.
The sensual fragrance of the Tiaré flower is delicious and completes to perfection the sensations that this spray induces.