In her debut collection for Chanel Beauty, Lucia Pica – CHANEL Global Creative Makeup and Colour Designer – explores the red colour and creates the products that belong to Le Rouge Collection N°1 for Fall 2016, based on the many facets of this complex shade.
“In the collection there are ideas of subversion and classicism. It is about the power of femininity, but also vulnerability. Red is intense, vulnerable, sexual and eternal”, says LUCIA PICA.
Gabrielle Chanel was obsessed about red and was always saying: “mettez du rouge et attaquez”.
Red is powerful and sexy, whenever I’m wearing this colour, I feel I can achieve whatever I plan…with this collection, the colour RED receives the attention and respect it deserves!
CHANEL Le Rouge Collection N°1 for Fall 2016 includes:
- Les 4 Ombres, 268 – Candeur et Expérience (€51,00)
- Illusion d’Ombre 128 – Rouge Brûlé (€32,00)
- Illusion d’Ombre 132 – Rouge Contraste (€32,00)
- Joues Contraste 320 – Rouge Profond (€41,00)
- Rouge Allure 168 – Rouge Ingénue (€35,00)
- Rouge Allure 169 – Rouge Tentation (€35,00)
- Rouge Allure Velvet 56 – Rouge Charnel (€35,00)
- Rouge Allure Velvet 57 – Rouge Feu (€35,00)
- Rouge Allure Velvet 58 – Rouge Vie (€35,00)
- Rouge Allure Velvet 59 – Rouge Audace limited edition (€35,00)
- Le Crayon Lèvres 97 – Désir (€24,00)
- Le Crayon Lèvres 98 – Séduction (€24,00)
- Stylo Yeux Waterproof 928 – Eros (€26,00)
- Stylo Yeux Waterproof 929 – Agapé (€26,00)
- Dimensions de CHANEL 40 – Subversif (€33,00)
- Le Vernis 528 – Rouge Puissant (€25,00)
- Le Vernis 530 – Rouge Radical Nail Gloss limited edition (€25,00)
Joues Contraste 320 – Rouge Profond (€41,00/ 4g) | This very pigmented blush is housed in Chanel’s signature black lacquered square compact case with a mirror on the inner lid and accompanied by a velvet pouch and a small, cute, natural bristled brush, which works great and is super travel-friendly.
The formula has a discreet flowery scent which disappears after applying the product.
The texture is silky, soft and very pigmented with a staying power of 6+ hours. Like all Chanel blushes, it doesn’t oxidise and it’s transfer-resistant; it is a buildable product, very easy to work with and which doesn’t dehydrate the epidermis.
Joues Contraste 320 – Rouge Profond is an elegant medium russet red with a discreet shimmer which compliments the skin and offers a velvety finish.
In my opinion, this is the perfect blush shade for fall.
Rouge Allure 169 – Rouge Tentation (€35,00/ 3.5g) | This intense, slightly warm red is just beautiful!
The formula is super creamy and a pleasure to apply because it glides easily on the lips; it’s very pigmented with a staying power of 4+ hours and offering a soft-shine finish.
It’s comfortable to wear, it doesn’t dry out the lips and stays even throughout the wearing.
If applied on-top of a lip liner, it resists longer.
Rouge Allure 169 – Rouge Tentation is just perfect for day-time and also for the evening!
Le Vernis 530 – Rouge Radical Nail Gloss limited edition (€25,00/ 13ml) | It’s the first time a see a red sheer gloss!
This innovative formula started with Sunrise Trip (L.A. Sunrise Collection) and Rouge Radical is the new improved version.
Le Vernis 530 – Rouge Radical Nail Gloss limited edition has a thicker formula than the usual Chanel polish and jelly-like.
The shade is orange-red and surprisingly opaque.
It can be worn on it’s own (offering a glass-stained effect), applied on a red polish or on any other polish shade, in order to experiment and invent new hues.
It offers a super glossy finish!
Le Vernis 528 – Rouge Puissant (€25,00/ 13ml) | This is the perfect red for the nails!
The formula has a blue undertone, very creamy and almost perfectly opaque in one coat.
It is super pigmented and needs a base coat because it stains the nail.
Le Vernis 528 – Rouge Puissant dries fast, has a glossy finish, and when combined with Le Vernis 530 – Rouge Radical Nail Gloss, the blue undertone disappears, and the hue becomes fire red.