YSL came up with a lot of great stuff for this Summer and I was very excited to get my hands on the eye shadow palette and one nail polish from the Savage Escape Collection but also on the Mascara Vinyl Couture, which I find spectacular!
The Savage Escape Summer 2016 Limited Collection includes the:
- YSL Savage Escape Couture Palette Colector
- YSL Les Sahariennes Bronzing Stones in 01 Sunstone, 02 Fire Opal, 03 Jasper (€56)
- YSL La Laque Couture in No.72 Night Escape and No.71 Savage Pink
- YSL Full Metal Shadow in No.11 Bonnie Copper and No.12 Blue Clyde (€31,50)
- YSL Gloss Volupte in No.154 Rose Denim and No.155 Rose El Dorado (€34)
I’m a fan of the Couture Palette in general because of it’s super high quality and beautiful shades.
YSL Savage Escape Palette (€69 / 5g) | I think this one is my favourite YSL eyeshadow palette!
The luxurious compact case with mirror on the inner lid looks like made of suede and the rose gold logo only compliments the summer blue.
The Savage Escape Palette has 5 segments:
- a shimmery baby pink which is perfect as a base
- 2 shades of brown: a golden beige – perfect for sculpting and a more darker brown – which looks gorgeous in combination with the pink
- 2 shades of blue: a denim shimmery blue – which can be used on it’s own or combined with the darker blue which lies in the middle of the palette.
The shades feel like silk on the skin, they are buildable, super long lasting (8+ hours without fading or sinking into the creases of the lid); easy to blend and to remove (micellar water is enough, however I love my biphasic make-up remover).
They are not at all aggressive (I’m dealing with sensitive eyes and wear contacts every day, so I know what I’m talking about) and the shades make a lot of combos.
So, even if you are a beginner in applying eye shadow, this palette is super easy to use and just lovely because it compliments a lot of skin colours, suits each age and is perfect for creating a day time make-up but also an evening make-up.
YSL La Laque Couture in No.72 Night Escape (€27 / 10ml) | This is not necessarily the typical nail polish for Summer however it reminds of the clear summery night sky filled with a lot of stars.
Night Escape is a deep indigo base loaded with lots and lots of silver glitter.
It has a medium thick density and is completely opaque in 1 coat.
It dries super fast and the finish is sandy.
If you don’t necessarily love a textured finish, you can change it with top coat and make the polish even more glittery.
I’m not a fan of sandy nail polish, however I love Night Escape because it offers such an elegant manicure with a mysterious twist; it’s perfect for wearing all year round and unexpectedly fabulous when the skin is tanned.
Bonus: it doesn’t stain the nail and it comes off quite easily.
YSL Mascara Vinyl Couture doesn’t belong to YSL Savage Escape Summer 2016 Collection, however it had appeared in stores at the beginning of this Summer and that is why I have chosen to present the product in this article!
YSL Mascara Vinyl Couture in No.5 I’m The Trouble (€29 / 6.7ml) | Isn’t this package the most fabulous one in the whole wide world???
This product is overall fantastic, from the package design to the texture! I just love it!
I usually use and generally like black mascara because I think it looks very good in combination with my eye colour, however, from the very first time I have tried Vinyl Couture in ‘I’m The Trouble’, I have decided that this colour is my new favourite (at least during Summer).
It has a creamy texture and a nice subtle fragrance which disappears after application.
It stays on the lashes all day (and night) long without smudging, flaking or irritating the eyes, it’s easy to remove and looks just GORGEOUS!
Please do try it because it suits, in my opinion, all kinds of lashes…mine are straight and the Vinyl Couture curls them and makes them thicker and longer!
So, what could you want more from a mascara?
Lloyd Simmonds, if it ever happens for you to read this: RESPECT!
YSL Mascara Vinyl Couture comes in 9 shades:
- N. 1 I’m The Clash -black
- N.2 I’m The Unpredictable – aubergine
- N.3 I’m The Excitement – green
- N.4 I’m the Illusion – hazel
- N.5 I’m The Trouble – blue
- N.6 I’m The Madness – fuchsia
- N.7 I’m The Craze – purple
- N.8 I’m The Storm – dark sparkle top coat
- N.9 I’m The Fire – gold sparkle top coat
Just choose one…or more!!!
Superb products, perfect quality and fabulous shades…try them, as long as they are still available in shops because you won’t be disappointed!