Hey there, pretty ladies! I guess you already know by now, that I’m obsessed with hands and nails; for me, an impeccable manicure is equally important as having clean clothes and freshly washed hair.
I’ve been taking care of my nails since I was 14 and for me, DIY manicure is a hobby, it’s something that I like to do every week.
So, here are the steps that I take:
- I first prepare all the needed tools and then I get rid of the previous nail polish…this is how my manicure looks after 7 days, pretty OK I dare say.
- I push back the cuticles.
- I trim my cuticles…I know this is a sensitive subject and I don’t recommend you to touch your cuticles with the scissors; however, I’ve been doing this for the last 23 years and I cannot stop.
- I cut the nails short…I like them very short and with a squared oval shape.
- I file the nails.
- In order to keep my nails healthy and for the polish to last all week long, I apply a base: Mavala’s Barrier-Base Coat (12€/ 10ml) is fantastic, I recommend it!
- I apply 2 coats of my favorite nail polish.
- I remove the small nail polish application mistakes with Herôme Corrector Pen (16€).
- I apply the best ever top coat: Essie’s Good to Go! (15€/ 13,5ml).
Although I wash dishes every day without wearing any gloves (I also have a washing machine, but there are small objects which need manual intervention), following these steps and using these products keep my manicure in good shape throughout the week, which is a reasonable period of time for a classic manicure.
In my opinion, it doesn’t very much matter what brand of nail polish you use.
But if you are really interested in DIY manicure, my utmost recommendation would be for you to buy yourself a very good quality base and top coat!
What is your favorite base and top coat?