Hello, lovely ladies! I’m back from a short holiday which inspired me and gave me impulse to write 😊! Today’s article is about my summer makeup routine!
Although I’m not a MUA and God nows I’m still struggling with finding the perfect makeup application especially for my cheek area, I kind of developed a routine and I must say that I’m satisfied with the results.
I don’t experiment with colours very much- I usually love the shades of brown because they give me a natural look- and I generally wear the same makeup regardless of day or night (I just change the lipstick…I use bolder colours during the evenings).
So, check out the photos and let me know what you think!
- After cleansing and moisturising my face, I like to apply the Chanel CC Cream SPF 50…I absolutely adore this product and I will write a review about it very soon.
It gives my skin a natural glow, it smoothes the surface and it lightly covers imperfection (for example my pigmentation spots).
- For the eye makeup I use L’Oréal Paris Colour Rice La Palette Nude Number 02, Beige which is a great product, I like the shades and although I don’t use them all, I think it is a good investment.
The quality is excellent, the eye makeup lasts all day long without the need of a touch up and I don’t need to use an eyelid primer either.
- My favourite makeup product is the eye liner and L’Oréal Perfect Slim Super Liner is great:
- I usually like to apply bold colours on the bottom eye lid in order to create contrast, this shade is one of my favourites Chanel 997 Orchidée:
- The last step in my eye makeup routine is applying mascara, my favourite is Chanel Le Volume:
- For contouring/ highlighting the cheekbones I use 2 products from one of my favourites brands ever, Tromborg.
I received both of them for testing and they are absolutely gorgeous. These mineral products have a beautiful silky, light and long lasting texture; they are very pigmented, easy to apply and suited for universal use (I like to use both of the shades on my eyelids as well):
- After contouring and before illuminating, I use a bit of blush; Guerlain Chic Pink Blush Duo is perfect for me because the shade is very close to natural:
- On my T-zone I usually apply Guerlain Les Voilettes free powder in Médium 3:
- The last step in completing my ‘face’ is applying a gloss/ lipstick/ lip balm; this time I use Guerlain Kiss Kiss Gloss 865.
– First, I apply this shade on the entire eyelid:
– Then I use this shade for the crease and blend it thoroughly for a few seconds:
– I use this shade on the brow bone and the inner corner of the eye:
– I use the darker shade (Tromborg Baked Minerals Golden) in the hollows of my cheeks for contouring:
– I use the lighter shade (Tromborg Baked Minerals Silk) right above the cheekbones in order to create an illuminating effect:
Well, that’s it…what do you think about my summer makeup routine?