Peter Philips, Creative and Image Director for Dior Makeup, was inspired by the Eiffel Tower when creating Skyline and the concept of this absolutely fabulous make-up collection is to offer bold autumnal colours that accentuate the eyes and nails; contouring products which create shapes by playing with shadows and lights, and also shimmering powders which offer a radiant skin.
The Skyline Collection for Fall 2016 includes:
- Couleurs Skyline Eyeshadow Palette (€51,00) in 506 Parisian Sky and 806 Capital of Light;
- Diorshow Pro Liner (€23,00) in 062 Pro Grege (limited edition);
- Diorshow Brow Chalk (€23,00) in 001 Blonde, 002 Soft Brown and 03 Dark Brown;
- Diorshow Mono Lustrous Smoky (€29,00) in 094 Gravity, 184 Temptation, 564 Fire, 684 Reflection, 764 Fusion and 794 Fever;
- Diorskin Nude Air Luminizer Powder (€46,00);
- Diorblush Light & Contour (€38,00) in 001 Soft Contour, 002 Medium Contour and 003 Intense Contour;
- Dior Vernis Fall 2016 (€23,00) in 112 Minimal, 522 Abstract, 818 Abstract and 848 Skyline (limited edition);
- Dior Addict Lipstick Fall 2016 (€31,00) in 777 Sensational and 927 Sophisticated (limited edition);
- Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Fall 2016 (€27,00) in 041 Famous, 339 Gorgeous and 929 Scandalous (limited edition).
Diorshow Mono Lustrous Smoky in 184 Temptation (€29,00/1,8g) | What a colour!
I don’t think there is a more appropriate purple for autumn!
It’s so elegant, so chic, so sexy…I absolutely love it!
Diorshow Mono Lustrous Smoky is housed in Dior’s signature dark blue lacquered compact case with a mirror on the inner lid and accompanied by a velvet pouch; 184 Temptation is a medium-dark purple base full of very fine pink glitter, a combo that offers a stylishly sparkly finish.
When used dry, it’s dustier, medium-opaque; when used damp, it’s almost completely opaque and darker.
It’s a buildable shade with a staying power of 8+ hours without creasing.
It looks beautifully elegant and suits the green colour of my eyes.
I like to apply it just in the outer corner of the eye and combine it with nudes for a day-time make-up; for the evening, I like to use a damp eyeliner brush and create a cat-eye look.
Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Fall 2016 in 929 Scandalous (€27,00/6,5ml) | This copper shade is beautiful and it offers a sheer, glossy finish to the lips.
The formula is non-sticky, very hydrating and comfortable; staying power: about 2-3 hours (which is reasonable for a gloss); it’s perfect for wearing on naked lips or for layering on matte lipsticks.
The plumping effect is not dramatic, however the product offers a slight volume to the lips.
The only thing I don’t really like, is the applicator, I prefer wands to brushes when I apply lipgloss.
Dior Vernis Fall 2016 in 818 Abstract (€23,00/10ml) | I’m a fan of the Dior Vernis!
I’ve been using them for many years now and they are number one in my top.
The brush is just perfect, it makes the application easy and accurate (I almost never need a correcting pen).
The creamy formula has the perfect consistency, it’s not too thick and not too thin.
The finish is super glossy, it doesn’t pool at the cuticles, it removes easily and usually doesn’t stain the nail (however I’m always using a base, even more when I’m wearing pigmented hues like this one).
818 Abstract is a gorgeous chocolate shade which is perfect for autumn but also for transitioning from the warm to the cold season.
It is a timeless, versatile shade which compliments a lot of carnations and goes perfectly with any nail shape.
It also makes a great base, in case we would like to try some nail art.